mardi 2 janvier 2018

A spiky thing!


Hello everyone!
Today I show you cactus number two - sorry, it took me a little longer than expected.
Finally here he is, the big brother of this one!




This time I worked with felt, it's really a very nice and sweet material!
First I drew a cactus on a sheet to have a pattern. I cut it and then cut in half to get two quarters of cactus pattern. I cut each quarter twice out of felt and sewed them together, leaving the seam exposed. I stuffed the cactus starting with the "arms" and ending with the trunk. Then I cut some flowers that I fixed with round-headed pins. For the needles, I used simple pins.


The "potting soil" for the cactus is also made from felt. 
For this, I cut two rings out of brown felt that I left open on one side, so that I could put it around the cactus once sewn and stuffed. The pot is made with cardstock and embellished with washi tape.
I really enjoyed doing it! ... it changes a bit of what I usually do!

I hope you like it
 ....and promised, I will not bother you with other spiky things! 😂



3 commentaires:

  1. Von mir aus kannst du gerne noch mehr stachelige Dinge zeigen, denn mir gefallen sie total gut! Dieser ist ganz anders wie der Erste, aber auch total schön!

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer

RGPD
Dear visitors.
Thank you very much for your comments!
Please note that by leaving a comment on this blog, you agree that your name and comment will be visible to everyone who visits this blog. If you don't want your name to be visible, you can always select the "Anonymous" option. Thank you.